Boron nitride is a crystal made up of nitrogen atoms and also boron atoms. The crystal structure is separated into hexagonal boron nitride (HBN), closely stuffed hexagonal boron nitride (WBN) and also cubic boron nitride.
The crystal framework of hexagonal boron nitride has a comparable graphite layered structure, revealing a loose, lubricating, moisture-absorbing, light and also various other residential or commercial properties of white powder, so it is also called "white graphite". Academic thickness 2.27 g/cm3, details gravity: 2.43, Mohr solidity = 2.
Hexagonal boron nitride has good electric insulation, thermal conductivity, chemical stability, no noticeable melting point, 3000 ℃ in 0.1 MPA nitrogen, warmth resistance to 2000 ℃ in neutral decrease atmosphere, 2800 ℃ in nitrogen as well as argon, bad security in oxygen environment, and also temperature listed below 1000 ℃. The growth coefficient of hexagonal boron nitride is equivalent to that of quartz, however its thermal conductivity is ten times that of quartz.
Hexagonal boron nitride does not dissolve cold water. When the water is steamed, it hydrolyses extremely gradually and creates a small amount of boric acid as well as ammonia, which does not react with weak acid as well as solid base at room temperature. It is a little soluble in hot acid and also can just be decomposed with molten salt hydroxide as well as potassium hydroxide.
Boron Nitride Characteristics
1. High heat resistance: sublimation at 3000 ℃, its toughness at 1800 ℃ is twice that at area temperature level, air-cooled at 1500 ℃ to space temperature level for lots of times, and does not soften at 2800 ℃ in inert gas.
2. High thermal conductivity: the hot-pressed items coincide as pure iron, and also 33W/M. K has the highest thermal conductivity among ceramic materials over 530C.
3, low thermal expansion coefficient: the growth coefficient of 2 × & times; 10-6 is second just to quartz glass, which is the tiniest in porcelains, paired with its high thermal conductivity, so the thermal shock resistance is very good.
4. Superb electrical properties: great insulation at high temperature, 1014 Ω& Omega;- cm,2000 at 25 ℃ and also 103 Ω& Omega;- centimeters at 25 ℃. It is the best heat shielding product in porcelains, with malfunction voltage 3KV/MV, low dielectric loss 108HZ 2.5 × & times; 10-4, dielectric constant 4, transparent to microwave and infrared.
5. Great rust resistance: it does not respond with basic steels (iron, copper, aluminum, lead, etc), rare planet steels, precious metals, semiconductor products (germanium, silicon, potassium arsenide), glass, molten salts (crystal, fluoride, slag), not natural acid and antacid.
6. Reduced friction coefficient: U is 0.16, does not boost at heat, is a lot more immune to high temperature than molybdenum disulfide as well as graphite, oxidation atmosphere can be used up to 900C, vacuum can be used at 2000 ℃.
7. High pureness good B is high: its pollutant material is much less than 10PPM, yet B web content is more than 43.6%.
8. Machinability: its firmness is Morse 2, so it can be refined into parts with high precision by general machining approaches.
What is hexagonal boron nitride used in?
Hexagonal boron nitride can be made use of in the manufacture of TiB2/BN composite ceramics, progressed refractories and superhard materials, separation rings of straight continuous rolling steel, high temperature resistant lubes and also high temperature coverings, along with basic materials for the synthesis of cubic boron nitride.
1. Boron nitride is a mold release representative for steel creating and also a lubricant for metal wire drawing.
2. Unique electrolysis and resistance products of boron nitride at heat.
3. Boron nitride is suitable for high temperature solid lubricating substances, extrusion antiwear ingredients, ceramic composite ingredients, refractories as well as antioxidant ingredients, especially for molten steel Faustian occasions, warmth enhancement additives and high temperature immune insulation materials.
4. Boron nitride is suitable for heat-sealed desiccant of transistor as well as additive of polymer such as plastic resin.
5. Boron nitride items pressed right into different forms can be used as heat, high stress, insulation and also heat dissipation elements.
6. Boron nitride is a thermal securing material in aerospace.
7. With the involvement of driver, cubic boron nitride can be transformed into cubic boron nitride as hard as ruby by high temperature and high stress therapy.
8. Boron nitride is the architectural product of atomic activator.
9. Boron nitride appropriates for the nozzles of airplane and also rocket engines.
10. Boron nitride is an insulator of high voltage, high regularity electrical energy as well as plasma arc.
11. Boron nitride is a packaging material to avoid neutron radiation.
12. The superhard product made from boron nitride can be made into high-speed cutting tools and drills for geological exploration as well as oil exploration.
13. Boron nitride is made use of in metallurgy for separation ring of constant casting steel, circulation groove of amorphous iron, demoulding agent of continual spreading aluminum (various optical glass stripping representatives).
14. Boron nitride is an evaporator for all type of capacitor movie plating, photo tube plating, show plating.
15. Boron nitride is suitable for all type of fresh-keeping aluminized bags and more.
16. Boron nitride is a selection of laser anti-counterfeiting light weight aluminum plating, hallmark gilding materials, all kinds of cigarette tags, beer tags, packaging boxes, cigarette boxes.
17. Boron nitride is suitable for cosmetics. Can be utilized for lipstick fillers, safe and lubricating, but likewise glossy.
Boron Nitride Price
The rate is affected by lots of variables including the supply as well as need out there, industry trends, economic task, market sentiment, as well as unexpected events.
If you are looking for the current Boron Nitride powder cost, you can send us your query for a quote. (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Boron Nitride Distributor
Technology Co. Ltd. is a relied on BN maker as well as BN supplier with over 12-year-experience. We deliver our items around the globe.
If you are looking for top notch Boron Nitride powder, please do not hesitate to call us and send out an inquiry. (email@example.com)